We offer a range of services to ensure your water systems remain compliant with current legislation. Within the scope of our LCA Registration we carry out:
- Assessment of Risk for the control and prevention of Legionella Risk Assessments – Hot and Cold Water Services.
- Hot and Cold Water Monitoring and Inspection Services.
- Cleaning and Disinfection Services.
- Legionella Analytical Services – Sampling, Laboratory Analysis, Interpretation of Analysis.
We provide an in-depth Monitoring & Auditing Programme for clients’ water systems which encompasses the services listed below:
- Identification of all water systems
- Domestic water system regimes and analysis/sampling
- Showerhead and Tap de-scaling
- Risk Assessments of water systems
- Investigation relating to system design, operation and management of risk systems
- Schematics for water systems
- Recommendations for further action
- Comprehensive log books
Cleaning and Disinfection
We carry out cleaning and disinfection of water tanks and associated services to ensure your water hygiene is maintained and compliant with current legislation. This also assists in the control and elimination of the Legionella bacteria.
Legionella Risk Assessments
Legionnaires’ disease is caused by the bacterium legionella pneumophilia which is widely distributed in the environment (occasionally the disease is caused by other species of the legionella group). The bacterium can cause a pneumonia-like infection in people that is fatal in around 12% of all reported cases but can be significantly higher among at-risk groups. AndWhere it is not fatal, many of the victims suffer varying degrees of disablement.
The bacterium first hit the headlines in 1976 following an outbreak at the American Legion Convention in Philadelphia where 182 people suffered an acute respiratory disease, 29 of whom died. Subsequent investigations identified the legionella bacterium which was, at that time, new to science.
We pride ourselves on our quality and expertise in providing a fully bespoke Legionella Risk Assessment and control program for your site, as a poor Legionella risk assessment can be worse than no risk assessment, leaving you vulnerable to prosecution.